Unlocker is a very
useful freeware that will allow you to unlock any files that are
currently in use by Windows. You’ll know if this is happening if you
are getting any of these messages when trying to delete a file:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
- The file is in use by another program or user
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
Unlocker will make things right again for you.
You’ll notice that right after installing the software, a new option
named “unlocker” will appear when right clicking any files or folders
in Windows Explorer. To unlock a locked file, just right click it,
select unlocker, and the unlocker software will start. Then, click
“unlock all” and close the software. Now that your file is unlocked,
just delete it in Windows Explorer, as you always do. This is much
simpler than solution #1 or #2, isn’t it?
Tushar Joshi, Nagpur
Powered by ScribeFire.